Saturday, April 24, 2010

Bill the Watch Goose

As I sit in my office getting into creativity mode....something out the window caught my eye. I saw that the neighbor's Watch Goose, Bill was standing guard. For the past 3 or 4 years, Bill comes back to Maryland to make his home on their property. He walks the 400 or so feet of riverbank daily (he knows where the property line is...and never crosses it...which is amazing since there are no fences). Bill alerts them when someone is on the beach or getting close to their yard. He started guarding the property after getting into a fight with another goose....and the bottom part of  his bill was broken off(hence the name Bill ). Even though his bill has grown back...he is a loner goose. But that's ok.... I'm glad he feels at home here....and is the resident Watch Goose.

4 comments:

  1. I like this! I learned something about geese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful little story, and I enjoyed it even more having been there myself.

    ReplyDelete